MOCAAPI is a forum to facilitate and enable Indian American Physicians to excel in patient care, teaching and research, and to pursue their aspirations in professional and community affairs.
Unity of purpose, collegiality in action, commitment to excellence and compassion towards fellow beings.
Promote professional solidarity in the pursuit of excellence in patient care, teaching and research. Bring to American medicine the distinctive contributions from India. Advance the American creed of one nation under God, indivisible and with liberty and justice for all.
- Respect for human dignity.
- Commitment to collegiality and ethical conduct.
- Promote the professional advancement of colleagues.
- Pursuit of excellence.
- Commitment to community service.
Enable members of MOCAAPI to:
- Provide the best patient care with compassion.
- Maintain the highest standards of ethics and professionalism.
- Help patients to become fully informed and empowered partners.
- Maintain their professional pride in the practice of medicine.
- Advocate for professional freedom
- Advance their knowledge through continuing medical education.
- Pursue careers in academia, research and administrative cadres.
- Remain current and knowledgeable in contemporary and anticipated legislative and regulatory changes impacting on the practice of medicine.
- Assert equal protection in all their professional pursuits through collective advocacy.
- Promote vibrancy of the MOCAAPI by facilitating it to embrace change and teamwork, and subordinate personal interest in the pursuit of a shared vision.