MOCAAPI was founded in 2003 by a small group of visionary physicians, who realized the need to organize all physicians who share the same Indian heritage and value the same commitment to high quality service to patients. It has rapidly grown to represent approximately 400 physicians and their families working and living in various communities of Ocean and Monmouth counties of New Jersey. We are an approved patron member chapter of national AAPI.
Amongst us we have physicians in all specialties. Our members range from solo-practitioners to mid size groups to large single or multi-specialty groups. We have private practioners to hospital based academicians. We have physicians who are just starting of to ones who are well established in practice to ones who have retired. All in all amongst us all we have a wealth of life and work experience which we would like to share with you.
Here are just some of the benefits we can provide:
- Education: We have meetings every 1-2 months with speakers on a variety of subjects
- Community Service: Opportunity to raise funds and give something back to the communities we live and work.
- Networking amongst fellow physicians who share your values and commitment to service. This increases your visibility.
- Mentorship: Amongst our members we share a wealth of life and work experience which we are only too happy to share. Be it a practice management question or need a recommendation for an accountant we are only a phone call away.
- Leadership opportunities with MOCAAPI and AAPI
- Vote in MOCAAPI elections
- Physician Directory: your practice information would be included in the soon to be published online and print version of our directory
- Opportunity to market your practice online on the MOCAAPI website
- Retail Benefits: we are working to add several other retail benefits
We have two separate categories of memberships:
- Annual: The dues are only $ 100 per calendar year per physician.
- Patron (Life Member): The dues are a one time payment of $ 500. If your spouse is a physician as well, he/she would pay only $ 300.
Please apply online and send in a check payable to MOCAAPI for the appropriate dues to our mailing address.
We look forward to welcoming you as a member and make you a part of our extended family.